From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HAL? ACPID?
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 09:16:32
1 On 9 Oct 2010, at 05:40, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > ...
3 > in search of informations about acpi/acpid on the internet I found
4 > the statement, that acpid is now obsoleted by hal.
5 > When I give "acpi" in the gentoo wiki I found installation
6 > instructions for acpid and HAL is not mentioned.
7 >
8 > I am confused now...
9
10 Gentoo-wiki is of limited reliability, because there are not enough people with time to edit it. It's very possible that article is out of date - if you're talking about this page <http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/ACPI/Configuration> then notice that it's barely been edited since it was "imported from the archives" a year ago. The Great Gentoo Wiki Data Loss was another year before that, so deity only knows how old that information is.
11
12 Stroller.