From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:57:57
1 On Thursday 23 June 2011 08:16:33 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > -original message-
3 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
4 > From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
5 > Date: 2011-06-23 07:11
6 >
7 > >I have a program that I use to create Gentoo VM appliances. I have no
8 > >idea if it works with vbox or vmware as I run KVM, but I think it
9 > >*should* work. Anyway if you want to try it you can or, if you want, it
10 > >also builds stage4 tarballs, so I can build you a stage4 tarball of a
11 > >base Gentoo install pretty easily (including kernel). The stage4
12 > >(excluding portage) would be ~90MB (bz2). The disk image (compressed
13 > >QCOW is about 120MB).
14 >
15 > Any such program to build XenServer appliances (.xva) ?
16
17 Shouldn't it work similarly?
18 Eg. start an appliance and install using the stage4?
19
20 I use Xen directly and as long as I can create and fill the partitions for the
21 VM, any "creation" tool should work.
24 Joost