From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "emerge -uDN world" minus one package
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 08:10:17
1 On Tuesday 01 May 2007, Jesse Adelman wrote:
2 > Any suggestions? When faced with a similar problem in the distant
3 > past, I've grabbed the old ebuild from CVS for mythtv (and plugins)
4 > and put it in an overlay, but that seems so inelegant... I'm not
5 > without a remedy, I just hope to find out a less invasive/cumbersome
6 > way to accomplish this.
7
8 But overlays are ideal for this. Think of it as overriding something
9 while coding :-)
10
11 Grab the overlay you want to have installed, reversion it to
12 $APCKAGE-9999 and put it in the local overlay. It will then always be
13 merged instead of the current one in portage.
14
15 You can even KEYWORDS="" the ebuild so you can quickly and easily change
16 to the latest version in portage with a single entry
17 in /etc/portage/package.
20 alan
24 Optimists say the glass is half full,
25 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
26 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
27
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
30 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list