From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Virtual Desktop with a Virtual Monitor?
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 19:48:23
1 On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 12:23 PM Andreas Stiasny
2 <gentoo@××××××××××××××××××.at> wrote:
3 >
4 > On 08.11.21 17:34, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > In the case where the monitor is detached at boot two modules are not
6 > > loaded - fuse & nvmem_rmem. Other than that the module list appears
7 > > identical.
10 > At the moment I can't help you to solve this in software but there may
11 > be a hardware solution. There are fake monitor plugs. This is just a
12 > plug without a cable that makes the device think that there is a monitor
13 > attached even if there isn't. Search for "HDMI dummy plug" or similar.
16 > Andreas
19 Actually, if it works and I have little doubt it does, that's a great solution
20 for my needs. I see Amazon has 1920x1080 plugs but also has
21 virtual 4K plugs. All under $10.
22
23 Thanks!
24