From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage problem with xfce4-panel
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 05:10:24
1 At Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:43:30 -0500 Bruno Espinoza <bruno32@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Exist a much easier way to avoid unmasking packages. Go to your
4 > /etc/make.conf. Change your architecture from "x86" to "~x86". Now emerge
5 > xfce4-panel. If you don't want to be in the testing architecture. Go back
6 > and change "~x86" to "x86". That's pretty easy... and no need to unamsk!
7
8 I would worry that the emerge of xfce4-panel might then bring in other
9 testing packages as dependencies (but I don't know for sure).
10
11 I would think it saver to add xfce-panel to package.keywords
12
13 echo xfce-extra/xfce4-panelmenu >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
14
15 (mkdir /etc/portage if you don't already have it.)
16
17 There are various prefixes and suffixes you could add.
18 See man portage for details
19
20 For example my package.keywords is currently
21
22 x11-misc/googleearth
23 app-editors/emacs-cvs
24 ~x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-1.0.8774