From: Erwan RIGOLLOT <erwan@××××××××.eu>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel panic - not syncing - Attempted to kill init (Kernel 3.10.7)
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 07:50:09
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have a VPS with Gentoo at Tilaa. (tilaa.com)
4
5 Lasts days, I have try to make a new kernel (for update all my system) and after that I can't boot anymore !
6
7 I have this message : Kernel panic - not syncing - Attempted to kill init.
8
9 So, I have restore my old kernel (and after I restore /lib64/modules) and I have the same message....
10
11 The only kernel work now is the first given by Tilaa at the first setup : vmlinuz-3.8.13-gentoo
12
13 I would like to update all without reinstall but I don't know where I can look for this problem.
14
15 Have a good day !