From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless N PCMCIA/CardBus Recommendations...
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:00:00
1 ----- Original Message ----
2
3 > From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Sent: Fri, July 15, 2011 5:24:48 PM
6 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless N PCMCIA/CardBus Recommendations...
7 >
8 > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:54 PM, <ny6p01@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > I have always had good luck with Atheros-based cards. HTH.
10 >
11 > Me too. Plus, they are usually more likely to be able to do the fun
12 > stuff like master mode, monitor mode, packet injection...
13
14 Any specific PCMCIA or mini-PCI (not mini-PCIe) cards you all would recommend
15 then - either Atheros (preferred) or Intel?
16
17 I have only been able to find a couple - namely a few by HQRP, Everex, and
18 TP-Link.
19 I haven't been able to find much info on HQRP, and their cards seem to be 2.4GHz
20 only - without proper 802.11n support.
21 Same for Everex and most others random ones.
22 TP-Link seems to support everything, but not sure about - Amazon reviews seem
23 good (for the most part), but I have had trouble getting to their website for
24 whatever reason - perhaps the Great Firewall of China is at play.
25
26 At least the Intel ones I come across on Amazon seem not support Wireless-N or
27 be mini-PCIe.
28
29 TIA,
30