From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] equery versus q-tools
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:22:55
1 On 11/20/2009 4:00 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > there are two utilities on (my) Gentoo system and I wonder
5 > when to prefer which one.
6 >
7 > On one hand there is 'equery' with many commands.
8 > On the other hand there the 'q-tools' i.e. a lot of
9 > symlinks to /usr/bin/q
10 > like
11 > qfile
12 > qdepends
13 > quse
14 > and so on.
15 >
16 > Often they offer similar tasks.
17 > I wonder when to use which one.
18 > Which is faster, more reliable, ...
19 >
20 > Many thanks for sharing your experience,
21 > Helmut.
22 >
23 I would personally prefer equery, as it is in gentoolkit, an official
24 gentoo project, and because is more standard. To tell the truth, though,
25 I have never even heard of q-tools...
26
27 Marcus