From: gentoo@×××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc Upgrade Problem
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 13:58:28
1 On 08:06 Sun 04 Dec , C. Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I was upgrading gcc using the directions in the GCC Upgrade Guide. All
5 > was going well. I was user what the Guide refers to as the "safer"
6 > method. I got to the 321 of 642 mark and the upgrade bombed.
7 >
8 > The specific upgrade being done was cyrus-sasl. Early in the output it
9 > complained about both "gdbm" and "berkdb" USE flags being set. Then, a
10 > message was displayed that it would be best to build this package with
11 > berkdb and told me how to set this in my "package.use" file. The build
12 > waited 10 seconds and then proceeded. This occurred overnight, so I'm
13 > just finding this out.
14 >
15 > Immediately after waiting the 10 seconds for a response to the db issue,
16 > the build process displayed this message:
17 >
18 > * If you are still using postfix->sasl->saslauthd->pam->mysql for
19 > * authentication, please edit /etc/conf.d/saslauthd to read:
20 > * SASLAUTHD_OPTS="${SASLAUTH_MECH} -a pam -r"
21 > * Don't forget to restart the service: `/etc/init.d/saslauthd restart`.
22 >
23 > I'm not exactly sure what this means. I do have mysql on my system and
24 > have to provide a password when I use the database associated with it,
25 > but beyond that, I don't know if I should be doing what this message is
26 > telling me or not. Assistance here would be appreciated.
27 >
28 > Again, a pause for 10 seconds occurred while waiting for a response, but
29 > since I was asleep and didn't give one, the build went ahead.
30 >
31 > The configure process completed and the make started.
32 >
33 > The last few lines before the make process bombed and the first couple
34 > of lines of the error message are as follows:
35 >
36 > ar cru .libs/libsasldb.a db_gdbm.o allockey.o
37 > ar: allockey.o: No such file or directorymake[2]: *** [libsasldb.a] Error 1
38 > make[2]: *** [libsasldb.a] Error 1
39 > make[2]: Leaving directory
40 > `/var/tmp/portage/cyrus-sasl-2.1.20/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.20/sasldb'
41 >
42 > If I am interpreting this correctly, it the configure and build went
43 > ahead using gdbm rather than berkdb and the correction would be to edit
44 > my package.use file as previously indicated and rebuild.
45 >
46 > However, my issue is that since I was at the 321/642 point of doing the
47 > 'emerge -e' world' portion of the upgrade, I don't know how to rectify
48 > the problems and continue with the upgrade. Or do I have to start from
49 > scratch with the 'emerge -e world'?
50 >
51 > Can someone offer some guidance here?
52 >
53 > I apologize for the length of this, but wanted to make sure that I
54 > included all the details that might be relevant.
55 >
56 > Regards,
57 >
58 > Colleen
62 > --
63 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
64 >
65 Hi,
66 At the end of that same quide there're some hints on most common errors.
67 So to just continue on with the recompile run:"#emerge --resume --skipfirst".
68 But that will work only if no other emerge command was run in between.
69 Later you could investigate about this error.
70 It seems it just a matter of choosing the right way to authenticate.
71 HTH.Rumen
72 --
73 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list