From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:15:21
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > have you read googles privacy changes yourself?
5 >
6 > I just did - and there is nothing new or unusual.
11 I read some more on it but I'm thinking about what will be coming next.
12 It seems when a company goes public like Google did a while back,
13 facebook is about too, they go downhill a bit privacy wise and it is
14 like rolling down a hill. It takes a while but it happens.
15
16 Thing about me having fastmail or something, it is me voting with my
17 money, not me leaving with no vote against someone else's money. Right
18 now, google is only worried about the money from ads which is something
19 I can't control. If fastmail tries this, when I leave it is my money
20 they lose. Fastmail will think about me not some ad that may or may not
21 be coming. Since I will be a paying customer, I won't have any ads
22 anyway.
23
24 I am looking into Yandex too. Are they Russian or something? I'm kind
25 of leaning towards them for a couple reasons but trying to figure them
26 out. I'm trying to do this slow and with a deeper knowledge this time
27 so I don't have to go through this again later on.
28
29 Plus, I just don't like being tracked all over the place anyway. We
30 have a big enough brother already.
31
32 Dale
33
37 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
38 how you interpreted my words!
39
40 Miss the compile output? Hint:
41 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"