From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: MD5SUM
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:14:20
1 On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:05:33 +0800, Guido Budack wrote:
2
3 > nice on but doesn't tell me why the md5sum isn't correct...
4 > Usually I don't check the sums if it isn't 'critical' stuff or an OS.
5 > So after I checked the other sources and files I figured out that ALL
6 > md5sums are incorrect but the file-sizes aren't. In that case either
7 > the media is corrupted or my local os (Ubunto). The latter one I
8 > couldn't explain because its all genuine and updated almost on a daily
9 > basis...
10
11 Hardware fault?
12
13 > Don't know, may be I stick to my debian and let it just be...
14 > However, thanks for your efforts.
15
16 If you're going to give up on something as simple as this, maybe Gentoo
17 isn't for you anyway :(
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Top Oxymorons Number 30: Business ethics