From: danielhf@××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /dev/cdrom has gone!
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:25:21
1 i upgrade my system to use udev instead of previously known
2 devfs, and leave the devfs option blank while configure the
3 kernel, but recently, i found i could not mount my cdrom,
4 there is no such device at all! the /dev/cdrom and the like has
5 gone!
6
7 i test with my usb disk, and the /dev/ directory could add and
8 remove the sda1 device node accordingly, it seems that everything
9 goes well. but where is my cdrom?
10
11 i have changed the /etc/conf.d/rc, and replace
12 RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes" with
13 RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no" several days ago,
14 because i think that'll be ok for me, and everything seems working
15 with the exception of the cdrom i found today!
16
17 the rule file under the etc/udev/rules.d/ makes no sense to me,
18
19 any ideas please, thanks a lot.
20
22 daniel