From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ifplugd breaks services
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 09:25:50
1 Hi
2
3 I also have other problems in my life. One of them is on one of my gentoo server. This server has two network cards one serves intranet and the other internet. The on that is on the internet is attached to a cable modem. The modem is buggy and some times reboots it self losing the link so I have ifplugd there get new address via dhcp immediately. Intranet card is configured not to use ifplugd. I'm using OpenRC.
4
5 The problems are related to iptables and samba.
6
7 Samba: when ifplugd runs down the internet card samba is killed. This shouldn't happen. Samba is configured only to use intranet card. Samba always fails to start when ifplugd starts the internet card. Manual starting is required.
8
9 Iptables: the system uses new nic names (enp7s0 etc). Iptables has them correctly in the rules and in rules save. However when ifplugd cycles the internet nic all the nic names in the in-kernel rules change to eth0 an eth1. I need to zap iptables and then start it to reset the rules.
10
11 Any suggestions where to start? Or just disable ifplugd?
14 Matti