From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr and /home to another partition
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:23:56
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 >On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:07:41 +0800, W.Kenworthy wrote:
7 >>If you want to move directories, avoid wholesale symlinking like this as
8 >>it always ends in tears ...
12 >If you want two directories on the same partition, I prefer to mount them
13 >with --bind. I do this to have /usr, /var and /opt on a single
14 >partition, separate from/. /usr is mounted on the partition itself, which
15 >contains var and opt directories, which are mounted with the following
16 >fstab lines.
17 >
18 >/usr/var /var auto bind 0 0
19 >/usr/opt /opt auto bind 0 0
23 Just to be sure, my fstab will contain something like this:
24
25 /dev/hdx /mnt/nHd reiserfs defaults,noatime 0 2
26 /mnt/nHd/usr /usr auto bind 0 0
27 /mnt/nHd/home /home auto bind 0 0
28
29 As in
30 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/articles/partitioning-p1.xml
31 it is suggested to copy the contents of home in single user
32 mode to be sure there are no open files, i'm considering
33 copying the /usr directory after booting with
34 the live-cd.
35
36 Thank you all for your help !
37 Matthias