From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] intel-microcode with systemd
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 17:49:07
1 On 01/29/2017 05:51 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I am trying out a systemd installation on a MackBook Pro and I am not sure the
5 > documentation on systemd + microcode is entirely correct. So, I read here:
6 >
7 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Intel_microcode#systemd
8 >
9 > that the "microcode loader is set as a module in the kernel configuration".
10 > However, my kernel configuration is not offering this option. Both 'CPU
11 > microcode loading support' and 'Intel microcode loading support' can only be
12 > set as built in elements. I am not using an initramfs (yet) so I wonder how I
13 > should go about this.
16 That's odd, I just tried it with my kernel config (4.1.35) and it lets
17 me set it as a module.
18
19 Dan