From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Google calendar notifications in XFCE?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:20:04
1 I've done a bit of googling trying to figure out how to get Google
2 calendar notifications to display on an XFCE desktop, and haven't
3 found much.
4
5 I've found a few descriptions of how to get notifications using Gnome
6 Shell or Evolution [don't have/want], and how to get notifications
7 when you have the chrome browser running [rarely do].
8
9 I also found http://sourceforge.net/p/googsystray, but it seems to be
10 abandoned and hasn't worked on Linux platforms for a year or two. I
11 also noticed that the web page says "you will, of course, need to have
12 a system tray" [AFAIK, I don't].
13
14 Does anybody know of any other options for getting Google calendar
15 notifications on an XFCE desktop?
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hey, waiter! I want
19 at a NEW SHIRT and a PONY TAIL
20 gmail.com with lemon sauce!