From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:04:53
1 Krzysztof Poc schrieb:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > I found that "emerge --depclean" removes the packages that are necessary
5 > for my system:
6 > gcc-4.1.2
7 > font-cursor-misc
8 > font-misc-misc
9 >
10 > I have also gcc-3.4.6-r2 installed. It does not remove gcc-3.4.6-r2.
11 > After unmerging gcc-4.1.2 I cannot compile anything of course.
12 > After unmerging font-misc-misc I can't see Polish fonts in Xterm.
13 >
14 > I don't know how to solve this problem.
15 > Should I make those packages more valuable to the system ?
16 > How can I do that.
17 > Is my xorg server incorrectly configured. I have xorg 1.5 with HAL.
18 > My system does not use any xorg.conf file. It autodetects configuration
19 > at startup.
20 > When migrating to xorg 1.5 I did not do any special steps to configure
21 > and install any Polish fonts.
22 > I only made the modifications to support the Polish keyboard layout.
23 >
24 > Thank you for help.
28 Hi,
29
30 did you already unmerge gcc-4.1.2?
31 What is the output of gcc-config -l
32
33 when was your last emerge --depclean?
34 You should always run emerge --depclean -av! so you have a better chance
35 to stop any unwanted effects.
36
37 kh