From: Thomas Naujokas <tnaujoka@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge glibc
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:18:35
1 Last night I did an:
2
3 emerge --update --deep world
4
5 Reviewing logs this morning I find in 3125-glibc-2.3.5-r1.log the
6 following:
7
8 QA Notice: /usr/lib/misc/glibc/pt_chown is setXid, dynamically
9 linked and using lazy bindings.
10 This combination is generally discouraged. Try:
11 CFLAGS='-Wl,-z,now' emerge glibc
12
13 I can see a couple of problems with this:
14
15 1.) Wouldn't that compile glibc without any optimization settings? So
16 what I would rather do is merge the suggestion with my default
17 CFLAGS. Resulting in:
18
19 CFLAGS='-O3 -march=athlon-xp -Wl,-z,now' emerge glibc
20
21 Does this seem reasonable?
22
23 2.) My impression of how portage works is that the next time glibc is
24 updated it will compile with the default again. Is there some place
25 to set this on a permanent basis?
26
27 Tom Naujokas
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list