From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: wonko@×××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cvs server config error
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:41:23
1 On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 18:05:24 +0200
2 Alex Schuster wrote:
3
4 > Arnau Bria writes:
5 >
6 > > looking for this errror in google I got :
7 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Talk:HOWTO_CVS_Server
8 > >
9 > > which says that I must enable server use flag to prevent this error,
10 > > but this flag does not exist for cvs
11 > > (http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml)
12 >
13 > Um, it does. Look again :)
14 > Another method:
15 > wonko@knork ~ --> grep server /usr/portage/profiles/use.* | grep cvs
16 > /usr/portage/tree/profiles/use.local.desc:dev-util/cvs:server -
17 > Enable server support
18
19 You're right... sorry!
20
21 > I don't know about your problem, but for me the CVS server
22 > functionality also did not work when I updated a little while ago,
23 > and I fixed it by adding the server USE flag.
24
25 Anyway:
26
27 # emerge -pvtD cvs
28
29 These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
30
31 Calculating dependencies... done!
32 [ebuild R ] dev-util/cvs-1.12.12-r4 USE="crypt nls server -doc -emacs -kerberos -pam" 0 kB
33
34 $ cvs login
35 Logging in to :pserver:user@localhost:2401/myrepos
36 cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from localhost: cvs: unrecognized option `--allow-root=/myrepos'
39 > Alex
40
41 Any other idea?
44 Arnau Bria
45 http://blog.emergetux.net
46 Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list