From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modern Docker?
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 00:48:22
1 On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:25:56PM +0000, Daniel Quinn wrote:
2 > I tried to run a docker-compose.yaml file and it exploded with a version
3 > error. When I asked around about what I did wrong, it turns out that it
4 > requires docker-compose version 1.6.x and Gentoo doesn't have anything
5 > newer than 1.5.2. Is there an official overlay for this sort of thing,
6 > or do Gentooers do something else with Docker typically?
9 Until the new version gets added to the tree, I would run docker-compose
10 out of a virtualenv:
11
12 virtualenv ~/docker-compose
13 source ~/docker-compose/bin/activate
14 pip install docker-compose
15
16 This is not a great solution, but it'll do for the mean time.
17
18 Alec