From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sshd no longer starting when it should.
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:20:03
1 A recent update seems to have broken sshd. It no longer starts when
2 it should. It seems to refuse to start up unless eth0 is up. For years
3 I've had the following in /etc/conf.d/rc
4
5 RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="lo"
6
7 According to the comments that means that the "net" service is up as
8 long as at least one interface (including lo) is up, and sshd used to
9 obey that setting. But now sshd seems to ignore that and has decided
10 that it knows better than I do -- it refuses to start when I tell it
11 to via "/etc/init.d/sshd start", and says "sshd is scheduled to start
12 when net.eth0 has started". I don't plan on starting net.eth0, but I
13 want sshd started anyway. If I'd meant "start if you happen to feel
14 like it" I would have typed
15
16 /etc/init.d/sshd start-if-you-happen-to-feel-like-it
17
18 How do I get sshd to start?
21 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Will this never-ending
22 at series of PLEASURABLE
23 gmail.com EVENTS never cease?