From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgraded video card, nvidia drivers no longer work
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:57:48
1 On Samstag, 26. Juli 2008, Budd, Tracy wrote:
2 > xorg.conf below. Note that driver changed to nv in order to run X.
3 > If I try to use "nvidia" I get a blank screen and the machine locks.
4 > I checked the Xorg.0.log file and the machine seems to have died before it
5 > wrote anything. Suggestions appreciated.
6 > -Tracy
7 >
8 > Section "ServerLayout"
9 > Identifier "X.org Configured"
10 > Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
11 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
12 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
13 > EndSection
14 >
15 > Section "Files"
16 > RgbPath "/usr/share/X11/rgb"
17 > ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
18 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
19 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
20 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/OTF"
21 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
22 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
23 > FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
24 > EndSection
25 >
26 > Section "Module"
27 > Load "glx"
28 > Load "extmod"
29 > Load "dbe"
30 > Load "record"
31 > Load "GLcore"
32 > Load "xtrap"
33 > #Load "dri"
34 > Load "wfb"
35 > Load "freetype"
36 > Load "type1"
37 > EndSection
38
39 I suggest removing wfb, xtrap, record. I also suggest checking that you don't
40 have nvidia fb in the kernel. I also suggest that you run nvidia-bug-report.sh
41 and go to nvnews - more people with more experience on nvidia problems there -
42 including devs.