From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <eamjr56@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:35:04
1 YoYo Siska wrote:
2 > Eddie Mihalow Jr wrote:
3 >> Has anyone on this list ever used a PXE boot image to install?
6 > well, not exactly a PXE boot image... i had to install gentoo on
7 > thinkpad X41T (no cd) some time ago, and I wasn't able to boot from usb
8 > directly ( don't really remember why ;) so i dumped the minimal cd on my
9 > usb stick, copied the kernel and initrd to other machine and booted it
10 > through PXE, the kernel/initrd found the usb stick (and thought it to be
11 > the livecd ;) and everything worked fine...
12 >
13 > yoyo
14 >
15 Cool, that's a very interesting way to install!
18 Edward A Mihalow Jr
19 Gentoo! Linux
20 Mudbug Computers and Networks
21 Registered Linux User#225662