From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Heartbleed fix - question re: replacing self-signed certs with real ones
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:53:19
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've taken this opportunity to prod the boss to let me buy some real
4 certs for our few self-hosted mail services. Until now, we've used
5 self-signed certs.
6
7 My question is, what exactly is the correct procedure for doing this?
8
9 Also, do I still need to do the step I've been seeing:
10
11 Step: 2
12
13 Delete SSL key set
14
15 Now, make out a list of websites that are equipped with SSL
16 certificates.
17 After that, delete all SSL keys, private and CSR key
18 Finally, create a new private key and CSR key for each of your
19 website. However, remember that your keys should be of 2048-bit key
20 length.
21
22 ?
23
24 Or will simply replacing my self-signed certs with the new real ones be
25 good enough?
26
27 Thanks