From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD64 & lilo...
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:58:03
1 Francesco Talamona wrote:
2
3 >>does lilo work with amd64, or not?
4 > It works a charm, never used GRUB on my amd64s
5
6 That's what I wanted to know! I want to stay with lilo, just got
7 frightened by that "...on AMD64, Gentoo only supports using GRUB..."
8 statement...
9
10 Sven Köhler wrote:
11
12 > AFAIK, grub does _not_ support RAID.
13
14 Strange, that GRand Unified Bootloader does not support something,
15 that lilo has been supporting for at least ~5 years...
16
17 > In addition, i see a stable amd64 ebuild and even a ~amd64 ebuild in
18 > portage. So what was the problem again?
19
20 I just wanted to know, if there are some serious reasons (maybe
21 stability or compatibility?), why lilo is not supported on amd64.
22 But if there is no such a problem for amd64+lilo, I'll stick with it...
23 Thanks for all answers!
24
25 Jarry
26 --