From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with script calling OOCalc on amd64
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:43:42
1 On Thursday 18 March 2010 03:29:00 Dan Wallis wrote:
2 > On 16 March 2010 12:41, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > On a x86 system, oocalc launches, I use the file and when I close it
5 > > shred removes it. On the amd64 system, the file is shredded as soon as
6 > > it is opened. This is what happens:
7 >
8 > I get something similar with firefox: if it's the first instance, it
9 > will block until I terminate firefox; but if there's already a firefox
10 > running, it'll send a "open this URL" command to the other instance,
11 > and close this new one.
12 >
13 > I'm not sure if OOo is the same, but I'd recommend giving it a try.
14
15 Hi Dan, my problem is not exactly the same. It occurs on the first instance
16 that I launch OOo from the terminal.
17
18 Is there some bash incantation I can use then with OOo compiled from source,
19 to keep the terminal open until I close OOo?
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick