From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] splitting videos?
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:14:08
1 On 3/7/07, Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 07 March 2007 23:28, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > My 14 year old asked if there is a simple app in portage that would
5 > > allow him to chop an existing video into a couple of pieces? I guess
6 > > he wants to upload something to You Tube but it's either too long or
7 > > too large.
8 > >
9 > > I expect it would be good if you could say 'chop this into 2 pieces
10 > > at 4 minutes in', etc.
11 > >
12 > > Thanks!
13 > >
14 > > - Mark
15 >
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > Probably kino might do - not sure what formats it will take as input.
19 >
20 > Thierry
21
22 He says mostly AVI and WMV. I'm building Kino now as the web page says
23 it supports AVI type 1 & 2, whatever that is. At least it's a start
24 while we look for something that can do WMV or maybe something to
25 convert WMV.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Mark