From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lightdm - can not login
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:42:21
1 On 6/10/21 2:38 PM, Michael wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 10 June 2021 21:22:12 BST thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> On 6/10/21 1:19 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >>> I'm trying to use the default "lightdm" for login but whenever I type-in
5 >>> the password it it puts me back to login screen (asking for password) I
6 >>> changed/updated the password and the system accept it but I still can not
7 >>> log-in.
8 >> I switched to "sddm" and it works, but it is "ugly".
9 >
10 > There are some themes you could choose from, or make your own to improve the
11 > aesthetics of its default appearance. Access to themes may be available via
12 > your desktop environment's settings, or by setting them manually in sddm.conf.
15 >> How to enable "num-lock" with sddm?
16 >> I have "num-lock" in default run-level and it turns on when system is
17 >> booting but when the "sddm" starts the num-lock is OFF again.
18 >
19 > The default /usr/share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/00default.conf has:
20 >
21 > # Initial NumLock state. Can be on, off or none.
22 > # If property is set to none, numlock won't be changed
23 > # NOTE: Currently ignored if autologin is enabled.
24 > Numlock=none
25 >
26 > You can change this in yours to 'on' and see if it makes any difference.
27
28 In: /usr/share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/00default.conf
29 I change to
30 Numlock=on
31
32 It makes no difference, when system boots the "Numlock" is still off. There is no default user login either and some kind of "Consoll log for..." on the lower right hand corner (that user don't need to see).
33
34 Previously I did not use any log-in manager, I start X from
35 .bash_profile
36 if [[ -z $DISPLAY ]] && [[ $(tty) = /dev/tty1 ]]; then exec startx; fi
37
38 .xinitrc
39 exec startxfce4
40
41 but I'm not sure if it runs/starts in VT=7
42 How to check or force X to VT=7