From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail from rkhunter
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:55:43
1 On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 08:38:14AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > What's the minimum configuration required on a remote system to get
4 > rkhunter to email my GMail account if the rkhunter cron job finds
5 > something suspicious?
6 >
7 > Do I have to emerge and configure an email server of some type or
8 > can rkhunter just send email on its own?
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 > Mark
14 On my system I use esmtp to send outgoing mail. It can also handle local mail
15 via procmail.
18 30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly
19 thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give
20 up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.
21 ~ Peter's Evil Overlord List