From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ati-drivers: bad md5 sum
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:43:16
1 Volker Armin Hemmann schreef:
2 > On Wednesday 14 September 2005 22:16, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi !!
5 >>
6 >> I'm trying to do an "emerge -vuD world", but I just can't. For my
7 >> surprise someone put into portage a bad MD5 sum for ati-drivers.
8 >> Portage just tells that sizes don't match... so I can't update
9 >> it... damn. Is the first time that this happens to me... I hope
10 >> some of you have this problem and I'm all right, and not doing
11 >> anything wrong.
12 >>
13 >> Bye.
16 > this may not be portages fault!
17 >
18 > Some mirrors have sometimes defective packages in their distfiles
19 > directory - sometimes the download has hiccups and the file is
20 > altered. Have you tried to download the package from the original
21 > site?
24 There's a bug on b.g.o about it. It looks like something wrong with the
25 manifest (bad copy and paste or something; or in any case, the md5 is
26 the same as all the others when it's not supposed to be or vice versa).
27 You can check it out by going to packages.gentoo.org, searching
28 ati-drivers, then clicking the 'bugs' link. It's the newest.
29
30 I would imagine that once the bug gets marked as fixed, a sync should
31 straighten it out. I figure it should be ok again sometime tomorrow
32 (this is not so much the kind of bug that gets left hanging. I hope).
33
34 HTH,
35 Holly
36 --