From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with portage
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:44:09
1 On 12/3/05, Cláudio Henrique <rapaduraatomica@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, there,
3 >
4 > When I do a emerge -epv world, not all the packages I have installed
5 > on the system appears, openoffice-bin for example. I have tried a
6 > emerge --regen, emerge --metadata, emerge sync, but nothing seemed to
7 > solve this. What can I do to fix my system?
8
9 The missing packages should show up in:
10
11 emerge --depclean --pretend
12
13 If so, then you have packages installed that are not in your world
14 file, probably because they were merged with --oneshot, or were
15 included as a dependancy of something else that is no longer
16 installed. If you want some of those packages in world, do emerge
17 --noreplace <pkgname>.
18
19 -Richard
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list