From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting better logging for genkernel/initramfs stage
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:34:50
1 On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 08:54 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:17:36 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 > > Is it possible to get an initramfs from genkernel to log its messages
5 > > somewhere as well as the console? - I am getting a failure to mount /usr
6 > > and from the few seconds the error message is on the the screen I cant
7 > > see why as the parameters it prints look good, so I am looking for a
8 > > way to go back and examine it in slow time.
9 >
10 > I add set -x to the start of the init script and sleep commands at
11 > various points so I can see exactly what is going on.
15 Thanks, sleep was what it ( and I could do with some too!) needed! - I
16 should have thought of that :(
17
18 Had a typo from previous debugging efforts for another problem in the
19 genkernel initramfs scripts.
20
21 Now the only errors are /tmp and sometimes /var (both on lvm) are still
22 busy so the lvm wont stop on shutdown - minor I think.
23
24 BillK