From: "Stefán István" <stefi@××××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo levlist <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] permissions for a common folder
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:58:43
1 Hello!
2
3 We have a file server, and there are a common directory for a group of a
4 users. I set this common folder's permission to 2775 and that results that a
5 newly created file or directory will have the same goup owner as the common
6 dir. But the problem is, that if someone creates a file or a directory in
7 this common folder, the permissions will be 644 or 755, and so the other
8 users in the same group can't write that file or directory, only if the
9 creator of the entry sets it manually to 664 or 775. Is there any way to tell
10 the Linux to automatically set the rights to 664 or 775 in this common
11 directory (and only in this)?
12 This common dir is also shared with samba for the windows users, and in samba
13 it is possible to set this.
14
15 Thanks for the help in advance,
16 Istvan