From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd will not connect to wireless network
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:50:43
1 On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:34:01AM +0200, Penguin Lover Alan McKinnon squawked:
2 > On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 10:19:56 +0100
3 > Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
4 > > After running an update yesterday (about 50 packages) on my ~x86
5 > > laptop, wicd stopped working, and no wicd was not updated neither was
6 > > any other network related packages. Today after a reboot my wireless
7 > > network refused to start from wicd, starting it manually works. This
8 > > is a part of the wicd.log:
9 > >
10 > I'm having similar issues with an Intel N6300 since a reboot.
11 >
12 > In my case it fails with this:
13 >
14 > [ 76.232020] wlan0: deauthenticating from
15 > xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx by local choice (reason=3)
16 >
17 > Which means something deauthed the connection in the meantime. This
18 > happens with kernel 3.2.6, but rebooting into 3.2.5 works just fine.
19 >
20
21 You guys are almost certainly running into the same problem as the one
22 I mentioned in the thread I just started.
23
24 Try `pkill dhcpcd` and associate again.
25
26 Unfortunately I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden dhcpcd decides
27 to start on boot.
28
29 Cheers,
30
31 W
32
33 --
34 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
35 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton