From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hacked by association?
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:30:46
1 > > Do I
2 > > need to start this thing over?
3 >
4 > yes. No tool can tell you for certain, that no malware is rampage on your
5 > system. netstat, ps, emerge might be hacked already. As might be md5sum and
6 > other tools to generate and compare ckecksums. There is only one way to make
7 > sure your system is clean:
8 >
9 > reinstallation
10
11 Although I haven't found any evidence of intrusion, I've been urged
12 off-list to reinstall and since I'm about 4 hours early to rise this
13 morning I think I better.
14
15 Can we go over a good plan for the transition? My main concerns are
16 backing up the right files and a good remote installation procedure as
17 it's been years since I did that. Thanks.
18
19 - Grant
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list