From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Organising btrfs subvolumes
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 16:12:34
1 I'm working on this btrfs malarkey and have a question about best
2 practice. It is recommended to leave the root volume empty and create a
3 subvolume for the root filesystem which is set with btrfs subvolume
4 set-default, which I have done.
5
6 What is the recommended way to create subvolumes that are mounted further
7 down the filesystem? Let's say I was usr and var on their own subvolumes.
8 Do I create them in the btrfs root, which means they have to be mounted
9 from /etc/fstab - or do I create hem below the subvolume called root?
10
11 That raises another question. Assuming I've done it wrong (well, my wife
12 always does) is there an equivalent to the zfs rename command to move or
13 rename a subvolume?
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Unsupported service (adj): Broken (see Demon)