From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Installing VMWare eval - Where are the rc0 directories?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:35:12
1 On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 02:18 -0500, Andrey Falko wrote:
4 > On Jan 25, 2008 10:03 PM, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 > I'm trying to install the evaluation copy of vmware
7 > workstation 6 and
8 > the installer is asking me:
9 >
10 > What is the directory that contains the init directories
11 > (rc0.d/ to
12 > rc6.d/)?
13 >
14 > /etc/init.d
15 >
16 > are you using the ebuild??
17 >
18 > If you want workstation 6.0:
19 >
20 > echo app-emulation/vmware-workstation ~x86
21 > >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
22 > emerge vmware-workstation
27 > What's the answer to this? AFAIK, these directories do not
28 > exist on
29 > Gentoo. What should I do? Do I need to create symlinks to
30 > somewhere
31 > in /etc? Please advise...
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
38 I emerged vmware-workstation and followed the gentoo wiki guide to set
39 it up. I added the michael user to the vmware group, and then logged
40 out and logged back in. When I try to run vmware, it gives me an error:
41
42 michael@camille ~ $ vmware
43 /opt/vmware/workstation/lib/bin/vmware: symbol lookup
44 error: /opt/vmware/workstation/lib/lib/libvmwareui.so.0/libvmwareui.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZThn12_N4view10FieldEntry17delete_text_vfuncEii
45
46 Should I submit this as a bug, or is it something I can fix myself, and
47 if so, how?
50 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list