From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacity-2.0.5 failed to compile
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 21:32:19
1 On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 15:24:02 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > You don't need the source package for the kernel you're running,
4 > > you've already compiled it, but there's another sets trick you can
5 > > use to prevent depclean from removing kernel packages, put this
6 > > in /etc/portage/sets.conf
7 >
8 > I always keep full sources around for any runnable kernel I have, too
9 > often I've been caught out needing to build a module without them :-)
10
11 Same here, although not recently.
12
13 > > [kernels]
14 > > class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
15 > > world-candidate = False
16 > > files = /usr/src
17 > >
18 > > It stops depclean removing any package that has files in /usr/src.
19
20 Which is why I do this.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 "MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
27 of careful development."