From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lightdm - can not login
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:53:38
1 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 6/10/21 1:19 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to use the default "lightdm" for login but whenever I type-in the password it it puts me back to login screen (asking for password)
4 >> I changed/updated the password and the system accept it but I still can not log-in.
5 > I switched to "sddm" and it works, but it is "ugly".
6 >
7 > How to enable "num-lock" with sddm?
8 > I have "num-lock" in default run-level and it turns on when system is booting but when the "sddm" starts the num-lock is OFF again.
14 Google, startpage actually, found this:
15
16 "So, for SDDM the solution would be to place "Numlock=on" string inside
17 /etc/sddm.conf."
18
19 Found here, if you are curious.
20