From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What are you using to display Flash in Firefox?
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 16:46:21
1 On 08.03.2015 15:57, Leonardo Guilherme wrote:
2 >>
3 >> As the subject says: What are you using to display Flash in Firefox?
4 >>
5 >> Reason for my question is quite simple, today I am using
6 >> www-plugins/adobe-flash which works well for simple .swf files (where
7 >> gnash & lightspark fails), but I have problems displaying a lot of
8 >> Videos on Facebook & YouTube.
9 >> 95% of the time I get the following message when I try to watch a Video
10 >> on FB or YT:
11 >> "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed. Reload the page to try again."
12 >> For YT it is really not that a big problem as I can download the Videos
13 >> using a FF AddOn - but this does not work with FB.
14 >>
15 >> I am using the "default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/kde" profile.
16 >>
17 >> Any suggestions...
18 >>
19 > Hello
20 >
21 > I'm using https://github.com/i-rinat/freshplayerplugin, a wrapper around
22 > the PPAPI version bundled in chrome (I'm not sure but I think the package
23 > www-plugis/chrome-binary-plugins has it).
24 >
25 > It works really well nowadays, it used to crash a lot in the past.
26 >
27 > Highly recommended.
28 >
29 > Em dom, 8 de mar de 2015 às 11:43, Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>