From: Peter Ruskin <peter.ruskin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I detect that I'm on Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:12:35
1 On Monday 26 March 2007, Jules Colding wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > The question might seem silly, but I'm writing a few lines in my
5 > 'configure.in' that should detect which distribution the package
6 > is being build on. This is for making distribution dependent
7 > modifications in the source/build scripts.
8 >
9 > So, how do I detect that I'm on gentoo? Anything like lsb_release
10 > here?? I can see that lsb in masked so I'm preferably looking for
11 > something that is present in most gentoo installations.
12 >
13 grep 'Gentoo' /etc/init.d/local
16 Peter
18 Gentoo Linux: Portage 2.1.2.2 kernel-2.6.20-gentoo
19 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ gcc(GCC): 4.1.2
20 KDE: 3.5.6 Qt: 3.3.8
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list