From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Optimum sound settings for QEMU VM?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2016 22:53:09
1 On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 06:55:29PM +0200, wabe wrote
2 > waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
3 >
4 > > The problem appears to be the "sdl" flag. It slows down things by
5 > > adding one more layer of middleware and overhead. I also got rid of
6 > > the "gtk2" flag, for the same reason. By building QEMU with "-sdl"
7 > > and "-gtk2", I get playback that is indistinguishable from playback
8 > > on the host. Here is the build that works properly "emerge -pv
9 > > qemu"...
10 >
11 > I have all gtk and sdl flags enabled and don't have problems with
12 > the sound.
13
14 Strange. I kept making changes until it worked. Now that it works,
15 I'll stop tweaking it. Whatever works for you, or me.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications