From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Endlessly growing xorg-session.log
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 08:49:28
1 Hello list,
2
3 I've been suffering some very odd problems recently, including lost e-mails,
4 but I've finally found something that could explain them all: disk space
5 down to zero in /home.
6
7 My ~/.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log had grown to 15G! It was mostly full
8 of repetitions of this:
9
10 [warn] epoll_wait: Bad file descriptor
11
12 I didn't have the patience to search backwards to find the last entry before
13 those, so I can't be certain what process was spamming me; I just have to
14 assume it was sddm, since that's whose directory the log was in.
15
16 Is this common experience? I don't see anything on bgo, and that nice Mr
17 Google hasn't helped either.
20 Regards,
21 Peter.