From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE apps, with minimal KDE install
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:21:40
1 On Sunday 22 November 2009 20:29:02 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 22 November 2009 20:37:19 Mick wrote:
3
4 > > I don't mean to hijack the OP's thread, but why would it be
5 > > that although I
6 > > have switched the darned thing off, it still keeps popping up
7 > > every time I start kmail?
8 >
9 > Because you have akonadi backends configured in your KDE
10 > resources. Start systemsettings, it's on the advanced tab, delete
11 > the akonadi ones are replace them with native resources that go
12 > direct to the same files.
13
14 Thanks for the hint! It seems that although I had it configured so, something
15 is not right. In particular kalarm comes up with this error when I click on
16 edit:
17 ==============================
18 Calendar “localdir-resource” cannot be made writable since it either was not
19 created by KAlarm, or was created by a newer version of KAlarm
20 ==============================
21
22 Trying to start akonadi also complains about:
23
24 <unknown program name>(7008)/ main: Unknown resource type: "notes"
25 <unknown program name>(7009)/ main: Unknown resource type: "alarms"
26
27 This is my knotes local path:
28
29 $ ls -la /home/michael/.kde4/share/apps/knotes/
30 total 1
31 drwx------ 2 michael users 80 Nov 22 22:56 .
32 drwx------ 35 michael users 944 Nov 22 23:07 ..
33 -rw-r--r-- 1 michael users 0 Nov 22 22:56 notes.ics
34
35 and this is the kalarm:
36
37 $ ls -la /home/michael/.kde4/share/apps/kalarm/
38 total 5
39 drwx------ 2 michael users 80 Nov 22 23:05 .
40 drwx------ 35 michael users 944 Nov 22 23:07 ..
41 -rw-r--r-- 1 michael users 104 Nov 22 23:05 displaying.ics
44 For kalarm I have chosen "localdir-resource" and the path to the directory is
45 as shown above. No matter what I do in terms of access rights kalarm always
46 retains its "Read only" setting activated. I deleted it kalarm and then let
47 kalarm to recreate it. Finally I created the directory "alarms" and tried
48 pointing the resources path to it. No joy. Any suggestions?
49 --
50 Regards,
51 Mick