From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo alternatives
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 13:12:15
1 On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 11:25:55 +0200, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > > You could also look at using distcc if you have more than one machine
4 > > to spread the load.
8 > Ah, that's also interesting  ... that's like an alternative to a local
9 > binary server (which I'm currently doing) - the compilations are
10 > distributed on all nodes in the network - and then, presumably are also
11 > available to all nodes?  ...
12
13 The compilation is distributed but the result is only available to the
14 host running emerge. However, if you set FEATURES=buildpkg and set
15 $PKGDIR to a shared directory, you could use the same binaries on other
16 systems, provided they are set up the same.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I've got a mind like a... a... what's that thing called?