From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backups
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:03:22
1 On Sunday 30 September 2007, Grant wrote:
2
3 > > I keep them on an USB-stick (udf filesystem, with the same settings
4 > > like a CD-RW).
5 >
6 > But where do you put the USB stick? If my apartment building burns
7 > to the ground while I'm away, I'll lose my systems and the backups.
8
9 I can't believe you actually asked that. Think, man, think.
10
11 Here's some ways to start:
12
13 Leave it at your mum's house where you have dinner every second day
14 Leave it at your girlfriend's house
15 Leave it in a safety box at the post office/your bank
16 Leave it at a friend's house
17 Leave it in the desk drawer at work
18 Hang it off your keyring so it's always on your person
19 Mail the data to your gmail account
20 Upload the data to your off-site web/ftp/whatever server
21 Store the backups in your car boot
22
23 alan
26 Optimists say the glass is half full,
27 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
28 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
29
30 Alan McKinnon
31 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
32 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list