From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DRM kernel issues
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 22:11:07
1 On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:48:29 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > So I built this kernel twice, one with DRM * and once DRM [m]
4 >
5 > So when I boot the one with DRM_Radeon=m, I still get this error
6 > message building the latest radeon driver:
7 >
8 > * Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
9 > (red) * CONFIG_DRM must be disabled or compiled as a module and not
10 > (red) * loaded for direct rendering to work.
11 > * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
12
13 Doesn't the ebuild check the config in /usr/src/linux, not
14 /proc/config.gz? So it is checking your latest config, not the running
15 kernel.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you
22 wish they were.