From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking sites for some users
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 06:15:24
1 On Sunday, January 24, 2016 07:27:16 PM wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > What do people use these days to filter out websites?
6 > >
7 > > I would prefer to have a white-list and block everything else. With
8 > > the option to bypass this filter for certain authenticated users.
9 > >
10 > > Reason: I don't want my daughter to see unsuitable websites when she
11 > > starts looking for cat pictures and instead of wasting time
12 > > identifying every single p*rn site in the world, I would prefer to
13 > > simply white-list sites she wants to go to after checking them.
14 > >
15 > > Thanks,
16 > >
17 > > Joost
18 >
19 > I don't use any kind of content filter but I think squidguard
20 > would be a solution for that (there is also a squidguard plugin
21 > for pfsense).
22
23 squidguard sounds interesting, was wondering if anyone has any experience with
24 setting it up.
25
26 > Another solution would be Sophos UTM. It is a proprietary product
27 > but it is free for personal use.
28
29 I don't mind paying for something if it works better then free alternatives.
32 Joost