From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange firefox segfault
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:20:14
1 Disclaimer: I am using a hardened x86 system.
2
3 Just now I updated to Firefox 3.0.5 (which is now keyworded stable). I
4 found that starting firefox is no problem, nor is basic, normal
5 browsing. What is a problem is the hot-keys!
6
7 In short, if I tried to type Ctrl-N for a New Window or Ctrl-T for a
8 New Tab, firefox segfaults.
9
10 I can click, using the mouse, File->New Window, and the New Window
11 will start with no problem. I can click File->New Tab, and the New Tab
12 will start with no problem. I can use middle-click to open a link in
13 new window with no problem.
14
15 I just cannot use the Ctrl-* keyboard short cuts.
16
17 I tried this with both my normal profile and an empty profile. The
18 behaviour is the same.
19
20 The strace output looks to me like complete gibberish.
21
22 Does anyone else have the problem? What else can I do to check whether
23 the problem is on my end? If I were to file a bug report, what kind of
24 information may be useful?
25
26 Thanks,
27
28 W
29 --
30 THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
31 <<<< ladybree@ >>>>
32 We'll begin with box, the plural is boxes;
33 But the plural of ox is oxen, not oxes.
34 One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,
35 Yet the plural of moose is never meese.
36 You may find a lone mouse or a whole nest of mice,
37 But the plural of house is houses, not hice.
38 If the plural of man always is men,
39 Why shouldn't the plural of pan be call pen?
40 If I speak of a foot and you show me two feet,
41 And I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
42 If the singular is this and the plural these,
43 Should a plural of kiss ever be keese?
44 We speak of a brother and also of brethren,
45 But though we say mother, we never say methren.
46 Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,
47 But imagine the females - she, shis and shim!
48 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 779 days, 16:53