From: Phill MV <hiffyness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hotplug and coldplug for a hosted server?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 07:54:15
1 hotplug, afaik, refers to not only the practice of swapping SCSI drives on
2 the fly in busy servers but as well as anything USB related, mounting of
3 drives, and the like.
4 Assuming you won't need to plug in a USB drive all of the sudden and you
5 keep a spotless fstab and have a sole eth connection, hotplug might in fact
6 be somewhat useless to you.
7 I switched to udev ages ago however; find out if it's really ncessary.
8 In the end of the day however, it's not like it's a very heavy process for
9 your machine.
10